Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Watch Your Step


In the continuing battle against the, shall we say, "presents" our canine friends leave on the sidewalk, I came across this sign over the weekend on a little side street near the Courcelles métro stop. It was posted on a metal pole stuck into a concrete base, kind of like the signs you might see when there's road work underway. Someone's clearly had it up to here in this corner of the 17th arrondissement; the sign points out that everyone must pick up after their dogs, even if the little fellows are doing it in the gutter. Still haven't seen anyone writing tickets for those in violation of the law, though.

4 comments:

Web Designer said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Starman said...

It's not likely you will ever see anyone getting a citation. It would be a full-time job. Most dog people don't even bring anything with which they can pretend to pick "it" up.

debbie in toronto said...

maybe the guy from yesterday with the pointy shoes could step in the dog doo..
I expected to see dog doo everywhere but was pleasantly surprised....my favourite thing is the water in the gutters every day to clean them out...genius.

Duchesse said...

Seems to me that the more affluent the arrondissement, the more poop there is on the sidewalks... As though well-to-do little ladies-who-lunch from the 6th, 7th, 8th, 16th and 17th arrondissements won't stoop to picking up after their pooch when some people get paid to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails